1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2010 1:54 PM by TSGal

Disabled cookies -hange the IWP and admin cosole

Nitro

Summary

Disabled cookies -hange the IWP and admin cosole

Description of the issue

We have a filemaker server 11 running on a MAC We seem to have a problem where IWP just stops working admin console is not working. It suddenly stops working randomly.We have to use the console to try and get the iwp and admin console working again. Apon further investigations we realised that when turning of cookies in your browser and you try to log into the filemaker shared file via iwp your browser starts looping (reloading the page – if this explains what is happening). Once this starts happening the log file grows rapidly (PE logfile) We have mostly figured out that it happens with chrome and firefox. Is this a bug in filemaker ? or could this be a configuration problem somehow.We have tested this with the following versions and they all do the same thing.fms 9 on mac,fms 10 win server 2003fms 11 mac to test we have hosted a file (even the sample file and created accounts)we then disable cookies in the browser and try to log into the file ( sometimes it works, but often with firefox its hangs and the we eventually get a "internal server error") with some of the other files  we dont get the error but the page somehow tries to continuously reload , while this is happening we try to connect to the same server from a dofferent machine. iwp does not seem to be working at this point. we have to stop iwp and start it again to get the files hosted via IWP. your guidence and assistance will be greatly appreciated.     does anybody offer some assistance?we are not sure why this is happening     

• 1. Re: Disabled cookies -hange the IWP and admin cosole
          TSGal

Nitro:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  This is what I have done...

With FileMaker Server 11 on a Mac Server running OS X 10.6, I use the FMServer_Sample.fp7 file.  On other machines (iMac running 10.5.8, Mac Mini running 10.6.4, MacBook Pro running 10.6.4), I launch Firefox.  Under Preferences, I disable cookies.  I then enter the IP Address in the browser and the Instant Web Publishing page displays showing FMServer_Sample.fp7.  I am able to select it, make changes, and log out.  I did this several times on each machine without incident.

Does this only happen with the one file?  Or, can you try this with just the sample file and see if you can replicate the issue.  What version of Firefox are you using?  Are you running any scripts in the file?  Although your description is excellent, can you provide a little more detail to help me try and replicate the problem?

Please keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.