Disabling a script step does not disable file references

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v2

Operating system version

Mac OSX 10.6.5

Description of the issue

Disabling a script step (ex. Set Field [ Table_in_Another_File::FieldA ; 1 ] does not disable the reference to Table_in_another_file::FieldA.

Steps to reproduce the problem

If Another_File is closed when you in Manage scripts open a script with only one script step:
      // Set Field [ Table_in_Another_File::FieldA ; 1 ]
      then Another_File will immediately be opened (DatabaseNames in Data Viewer) will report it.

Expected result

As the script step is disabled you would expect the text after // to be inoperative. However, it turns out that it is only partly inoperative.

I noticed, because I had trouble closing a file (Another_File). First when I removed disabled lines with reference to this file, would the close function actually close the file.

Actual result

Another_File is not able to close if there is a disabled script step like Set Field to a related field in Another_File. Deleting the disabled script step will allow a close script step to Another_File to work.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

There is no error report, but you can follow open files in Data Viewer with DatabaseNames

• 1. Re: Disabling a script step does not disable file references
          TSGal

mogens:

Thank you for your post.

I am partially able to replicate the problem.  Let me explain.

In my Test file, I had to add the database file to the Relationship tab of Manage Database.  Then, I created a script with one script step:

Set Field [ Second File::gName ; "TSGal" ]

After saving this, I looked under Window -> Show Window ... and the Second File was listed.

I then went back into the script, disabled the script step, saved the script and ran the script.  No problem.  I looked under Window -> Show Window and the Second file was still listed.  I attempted to close it, but looking under Window -> Show Window, the file would return.

Once I closed the original file and reopened it, Second File was not listed under Window -> Show Window.  I ran the script and the Second File still does not appear under "Window -> Show Window".

This was the same behavior on Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.5 and Windows XP.

If the second file is referenced in the Relationship graph, and the second file is open, it appears the second file will remain open until the original file closes the file.  Once the original file is opened, the second file will not open until there is a reference to it.

Let me know if you can confirm.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.