Disappear Title Bar and Header Buttons

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Latest

Operating system version

IOS

Description of the issue

1) In Form View when I finger scroll downward, the Title Bar disappears. The title bar is an important feature and should not scroll upwards. This does not happen in List View. Unfortunately this is a legacy design issue that is decades old, why include it in a new product?

2) In Form View the header part of the layout scrolls upward so I cannot use that to warehouse my buttons which also scroll out of view. The header should not scroll so we can use it for navigation. It remains in place in the list view...

Why is the title bar fixed in list view but scrolls out of sight in Form View?

Why does the header stay put in list view but scrolls out of sign in Form View?

Please fix...

Steps to reproduce the problem

Open a form view long enough to scroll and scroll.

Expected result

The title bar should not disappear and the buttons in a header portion should stay put.

Actual result

Title bar and header buttons scroll out of sight...

• 1. Re: Disappear Title Bar and Header Buttons
          TSGal

Jack Rodgers:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the problem with the Title Bar scrolling off the top on an iPhone/iPod touch.  On an iPad, the Title Bar is locked in place.

I have forwarded your information, along with my findings, to our Development and Testing departments for further review.  I will keep you posted as information becomes available to me.

Regarding your second issue, this works as designed.  Just like FileMaker Pro, the Header will scroll out of view in Form View as you scroll through a large layout.  I would recommend you enter this suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries into this web form are read by Development and Product Management who then discuss and consider these suggestions.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Disappear Title Bar and Header Buttons
            TSGal

Jack Rodgers:

Sorry for the late reply.

Our Development says the Title Bar scrolling off the top on an iPhone/iPod touch was a design choice due to the limited display space on the smaller devices.  If the Time/Battery Status Bar is showing, you can tap on this to scroll back to the top of the layout/form.

As in the previous post, please enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Disappear Title Bar and Header Buttons

My recommendation as a developer would be for the engineers to STOP makiing arbitrary decisions such as this and make it an option giving us the choice of having the headers scroll off of the screen or staying put and only the stuff between the header and footer scrolling. There are many other areas where developer choice should be given rather than management's arbitrary choice. Since Filemaker labels itself 'Pro' and finds itself in the favor of so many, this seems like a reasonable request.

I recognize this is version 1 and getting it out the door is a big project. But I expect more in the future and options are one of those areas long over due.