Display of menu & On-screen Position of .PNG

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Filemaker Pro Advanced 12.05

Operating system version

Mac OS X Mavericks

Description of the issue

Working in Layout mode, clicking the "Manage" button on the toolbar brings the menu up not underneath the pointer, as expected, but in the bottom left corner of my screen.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Unsure.  This has happened before, but I'm not sure what the trigger is.

Expected result

Closing down FMPA, restarting, repairing disk permissions all have effect.

Actual result

Icon and menu do not display at the same location.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No error messages.

Workaround

None.

1.png

• 1. Re: Display of menu & On-screen Position of .PNG

Robbie S:

Thank you for the post.

I seem to recall a similar report in the past, but cannot locate the thread; however, I am unable to replicate with the steps provided.

To attempt to replicate, I performed the following:

1. New Database

2. Customized my Edit Layout toolbar to have : Import, Export, Delete Layout, Delete Layout, Duplicate Layout, New Layout / Report, and Manage

3. Layout Mode

4. Clicked "Manage"

I repeated this process for about 10 minutes, but the Manage menu options always appeared right below the Manage button.

All tests were performed with FileMaker Pro 12.0v5 (Advanced) on a Mac OS X 10.9 iMac.

Perhaps, I am missing a step? Anything else that might help me replicate?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Display of menu & On-screen Position of .PNG
            philmodjunk

You might also see if your behavior is specific to your file. Try creating a small test file and see if you can get the same behavior in it.

• 3. Re: Display of menu & On-screen Position of .PNG
              Aeronology

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick response.  This 'quirk' isn't specific to this particular file.  As of this morning, the menu is appearing in the correct position, so I'm sure there is something that triggers it, but I don't know what.  I've had FMPA for about 6 months now, and since install, I've had this happen about 10 times or so, on several different files, both large and small.  I'll keep an eye out for any triggers that may precipitate this snag again.