Summary

displaying new record in related table in original table form

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OSX

Description of the issue

I am creating a table of school names/address with a related reservation request table for visits to the Museum. The names/address table is linked to the reservation table with a School_ID number. My script button does indeed create a new record in the reservation table but when I return to the original layout (school names/address table) I cannot get the newly created reservation record to display so that I can make changes to it. I don't want to use a portal but want this record to be editable from the school names/address layout. Do I need to create an identical layout to the school name/address layout but have it relate to the reservation table? Or is there another way to do this that I cannot fathom?

• 1. Re: displaying new record in related table in original table form
          philmodjunk

Report an Issue is intended for reporting possible software bugs. Requests for help using FileMaker Pro should be posted to the FM Pro Forum section.

I suggest that you re-post this question there and include more detail. Please document the precise relationship set up to link these two tables and post a copy of your script as well.

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here. (with this approach, you can get multiple script steps on the same line, please edit the pasted text by inserting some returns to separate those steps.)
          5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.