Documentation Error regarding Minimal Indexes

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v2

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.5

Description of the issue

FileMaker Pro/Advanced's "Help" feature is wrong when it says in the "Defining field indexing options" the following:

"Minimal: Create a value index of a text field’s contents or a calculation field returning text results."

In reality, it should be:

"Minimal: Create a value index and/or word index, as needed, of a text field’s contents or a calculation field returning text results."

I learned this from Clay Maeckel and Jon Thatcher's Under The Hood presentation at DevCon 2006.  I have also verified it with experimentation.

I think it would be useful to correct this documentation error. 

Also, (and I will put this in as a feature request), it would be useful to have and indication *which* of the two indexes a text field has, in the case that it only has one.   (I'm trying to turn off some indexes, but want to be sure that they are not needed first, so it would be helpful to know which index we are talking about.)

Steps to reproduce the problem

Choose Help from FileMaker Menu. Go to topic "Defining field indexing options". Read section describing "Minimal" indexing.

Expected result

"Minimal: Create a value index and/or word index, as needed, of a text field’s contents or a calculation field returning text results."

Actual result

"Minimal: Create a value index of a text field’s contents or a calculation field returning text results."

Screen_shot_2011-02-03_at_12.53.20_PM.png