2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2015 1:26 AM by GarySemlak

Double-clicking on Pro12 files after conversion opens w/Filemaker Pro12 program, even though I...

GarySemlak

Summary

Double-clicking on Pro12 files after conversion opens w/Filemaker Pro12 program, even though I deleted it from my drive!

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker Pro 13  Advanced

Operating system version

MAC OS 10.10.2 Yosemite

Description of the issue

After converting all files using folder method, I booted FileMaker Pro 13 Enhanced and double-clicked a converted Filemaker Pro 12 file to try the new Pro 13. Double-clicking the Pro12 file shut down the Filemaker 13 Enhanced software and booted up Filemaker pro 12 software! It also planted a Filemaker alias on my Dock, which I had trouble removing. This is all the more surprising because I had previously removed from my drive ALL FileMaker Apps dated before FileMaker Pro 13. Where did the FileMaker 12 App come from (as well as the Alias in my dock)? The files opened ok and functioned properly—but controlled by Pro 12!
         I tried the recommended method for opening files in Pro13 using the "open " command in the file menu an double-clicked on the same file and it opened properly, functioning properly. I have used every version of Filemaker since Filemaker 4 and was always able to open files by double-clicking on them and open them with the newly installed software. This is something new.