Summary

Double-tap zooms in but rarely zooms out

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Operating system version

iOS 3.2.1

Description of the issue

When I double tap on some part of a layout it nicely zooms in and wisely selects the area I probably want to focus on. However, when I double-tap again to zoom out, in most cases it just moves me around the layout keeping it zoomed it.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Double-tap on a group of fields or paragraph of text to zoom in and focus on just that part of the layout
      2. Double-tap to zoom back out
      3. Repeat the steps 1 and 2 at least 5 times

Expected result

Almost every even double-tap should zoom out to show the whole layout

Actual result

Double-tap only rarely zooms out

• 1. Re: Double-tap zooms in but rarely zooms out
          TSGal

HOnza Koudelka:

Thank you for your post.

This appears to be an iOS issue.  If you launch Safari and double-tap, it will zoom in.  If you are on a text object or non-blank area, it may jump around and not zoom out.

Using the Sample Inventory file, go to the Record Detail layout (default).  In the lower right area, double-tap in the gray area.  You will be able to zoom in and zoom out every time.  Now, if you double-tap the field labels in the middle of the layout (That is, In Stock Level, Reorder Level, Catalog Item, Etc.), it will zoom in as expected.  However, double-tapping will probably center the field label to the middle of the display and not zoom out.  Find a blank area and double-tap again to zoom out, or use a pinching motion to zoom out.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.