Download problem from your servers

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker Pro Advanced

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

I have been trying to downlaod fmpa_updater_12.0.4.403.exe since 7:00am every time it says the download has had a problem and when i click to resume it starts back over at the beginning.  I had the same problem when I was downloading the trial version and it took me 3 days to finally get the software after repeatedly trying to download it.

• 1. Re: Download problem from your servers

John Leach:

Thank you for the post.

I am unable to replicate this. I was able to completely download the fmpa_updater_12.0.4.403.exe file from the following page:

http://www.filemaker.com/support/downloads/

I clicked the Windows tab and then Windows link with the blue arrow for FileMaker Pro Advanced. The file downloaded in a little under ten minutes. Download speeds will vary depending on network bandwidth. 

The link appears to be working correctly. Some suggested troubleshooting steps follow:

1. Download from another browser.

2. Download from another network. 

3. Download on another computer.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Download problem from your servers
            JohnLeach_1

That is very interesting.  I have tried multiple browsers with the same issue.  I have tried downloading from 3 different networks.  I have tried multiple computers.  Another professor here has tried doing the same thing with the exact same results.  It has no problem beginning the download but it fails somewhere during the download and it is very random.  Like I said before when I was downloading the trial I was finally able to get it to work after 3 days attempting to download the trial.  I have read in the forums that other people have experienced the same issues also. 

• 3. Re: Download problem from your servers

John Leach:

Thank you for the reply.

We are both accessing the same link from the same server. The download works for me from both my office location and my home location. 

When you state "tried downloading from 3 different networks", do you mean 3 different subnets or routers on the same network, or three different locations (e.g., McDonald's, Starbucks, and Barnes & Noble)?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Download problem from your servers
                barefootguru

Where are you based John?  I'm in New Zealand and had to download the Mac updater about 7 times before it completed successfully.  It would cut out at various spots each time.  Occasionally I was able to resume the download (Safari).  The Windows client and Windows Server updates worked first time.