Thank you for your post.
I currently don't have access to a Windows Server computer, but I did try this on a Mac OS X Server, and I am unable to replicate the issue, so it appears to be a Windows issue.
I have sent your entire post to our Development and Testing departments for review. I will contact you when more information becomes available.
Did the file you test downloading have externally stored container fields? I just tested downloading with a file that didn't have any external files attached to it, that one did not leave a .zip file in the temp folder. If I do it with a file that does have external files attached to it, it will leave a .zip file.
I was informed that Development and Testing were already familiar with this issue, as it was reported last month. Our Testers verified the behavior on Windows Server 2008 R2. Multiple temp files are created in the Admin-master-tomcat\temp diretory which are not removed. No information about Windows Server 2003, but your post has been attached to the original report. When more information becomes available, I will let you know.
My solution - delete nightly.
ScheduleFileMaker Console Download Temp File Delete Usage Task
- Start 16/08/2013 9:30:00 PM
- Every 1 day
- Enabled On
- Action Start a program
- "C:\Program Files\Neo Code\delete_fmsadmin_temp_files.cmd"
C:\Program Files\Neo Code\delete_fmsadmin_temp_files.cmd
- echo delete_fmsadmin_temp_files.cmd
- echo Downloading file from FileMaker Server 12 using the FileMaker Admin Tool permanently leaves a copy...
- rmdir /q /s "C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Admin\admin-master-tomcat\temp\"