1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 22, 2010 2:48 PM by TSGal

Drag and Drop into a Web Viewer will not trigger any scripts.

PeterLehrack

Summary

Drag and Drop into a Web Viewer will not trigger any scripts.

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v6

Operating system version

OSX 10.6.4

Description of the issue

Drag and drop into a Web Viewer will not trigger a script using any script triggers.

FM Support Knowledge Base states:

Behavior Change
      In FileMaker Pro 10 the OnObjectModify trigger would not fire if a field was changed by drag-and-dropping into a layout object that has an OnObjectModify trigger.

In FileMaker Pro 11 drag and drop will now fire the script trigger.

Peter

Steps to reproduce the problem

set script triggers for all possible options for a Web Viewer. Drag and drop into it. No script is triggered.

Expected result

Drag and drop into a Web Viewer, OnObjectModify should trigger if set.

Actual result

no action

Workaround

no workaround

• 1. Re: Drag and Drop into a Web Viewer will not trigger any scripts.
          TSGal

Peter Lehrack:

Thank you for your post.

At this time, FileMaker Pro will not trigger a OnObjectModify script based on the contents of a Web Viewer, since you are not changing the object itself, but the contents of the web pages being rendered.

I have forwarded this to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review, but I would also encourage you to enter this into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

These web entry suggestions are read by our Development and Product Management departments where the ideas are then discussed and considered for future releases.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are some additional questions asked that only you can answer.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.