1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 7, 2009 7:51 AM by TSGal

Drop-Down Calendar and Mac OS Spaces

MDonovan

Summary

Drop-Down Calendar and Mac OS Spaces

Description of the issue

1. FileMaker Product(s) involvedFileMaker Pro 9.0v3 2. Operating System(s) involvedMac OS 10.5.6 3. Detailed description of the issueWhen a drop-down calendar is used with a date field, FileMaker jumps to the Mac OS Space that was in use when FileMaker first displays a drop-down calendar. 4. Exact steps to reproduce the issuea. Quit FileMaker if it's running.b. Open a FileMaker database that has form with a drop-down calendar.c. Click the drop-down calendar.d. Drag the FileMaker window to a new Space, or close the database and open a database in a different Space without quitting FileMaker.e. Click a drop-down calendar.  5. Expected ResultFileMaker displays a drop-down calendar. 6. Actual ResultFileMaker returns to the Space used to display the first drop-down calendar. 7. Exact text of any error message(s) that appearedN/A 8. Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue 9. Any workarounds that you have founda. Don't change Space when using drop-down calendars, orb. Drag the FileMaker window to the original Space to use a drop-down calendar, orc. Quit and restart FileMaker in the new Space. 

• 1. Re: Drop-Down Calendar and Mac OS Spaces
          TSGal

MDonovan:

Thank you for your post.

I'm running 10.5.5 and I cannot duplicate the problem, so it's probably something introduced with 10.5.6.  I have forwarded this information to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) teams for confirmation.  If any information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.