Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v2

Operating system version

Mac OSX 10.6.6

Description of the issue

Hallo there,
      I have a dropdown calender set up in a layout and it always worked fine. I click on any date in the calendar and the chosen date is written into the field in dd/mm/yyyy format with "/" as a separator, as set.
      Since a couple of days when I click on any chosen date, the date is writte as "dd mm yyyy" and the following error is reported in a window <> cause it obviously reads the number entered as ex. 25 12 2003 which is bigger than 4000 (I suppose this the "thinking" behind it)... what's the cause of this error? How to correct it???
      Thank you.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Click on any date in a dropdown calendar window

Expected result

"printing" of the chosen date in the field as "dd/mm/yyyy"

Actual result

"dd mm yyyy" and error as described above

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

The value of this field must be a valid date in the range of years 1 to 4000 and should look like “25/12/2003”.

• 1. Re: Dropdown Calendar error
          philmodjunk

This one looks familiar. Have you tried using Save a Copy as... with the clone option to get an empty copy of your database and then imported all records from your current file into the clone. I've seen some funky date issues when there were certain system date settings specified for the OS. The key detail that has me thinking in this direction is the spaces instead of / that are appearing. In the case where I saw this before, we were able to fix the issue by importing into a clone.

• 2. Re: Dropdown Calendar error
            pbock_1

I'll try that.... I did in the meantime try to install temporarily Filemaker on my other mac and use the same file and discovered the problem doesn't appear here!! So I'm also trying to understand what settings might be different from one computer to the other.

Thanks for your advice. I'll post the outcome as soon as I'll try your solution.

Best regards,

• 3. Re: Dropdown Calendar error
              pbock_1

Hi there, I manage to resolve the problem by setting all the date-field as custom instead of dd/mm/yyyy as automatic. Now everything works fine.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Best regards.