Duplicating an object in layout mode crashes FileMaker Pro
Operating system version
Mac OS X 10.8.2
Description of the issue
Attempting to duplicate an object in layout mode can crash FileMaker Pro.
Steps to reproduce the problem
• Create a layout with no header or footer, and add a tab control at the bottom of the layout. Lock the tab control.
• Add a button ('Do Nothing') positioned on the tab control.
• Select the button by dragging over it without holding down the Cmd key. This also selects the tab control.
• Select the duplicate command (I used Cmd-D).
• A warning dialog appears about expanding the size of the layout. Choose 'No'.
• Click on the tab control to deselect the button.
• Select the button by dragging over it, this time with the Cmd key down so as not to select the tab control.
• Select the duplicate command.
The selected button should be duplicated.
FileMaker Pro crashes.
I have a simple file that demonstrates this.
Select the button without first trying to duplicate the button and the tab control.