Dymo 450 quality settings issue

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v4

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

I am having a tough time getting my labels to print using my Dymo 450 Turbo label printer. I have the layout setup for the right size labels (Price tag labels - 30373) and when I have "normal" checked under quality settings, they print just fine. However, I'm trying to print a barcode, and need to set the quality at "best" so it prints at 300x600 dpi. Once I switch to that quality setting, I only get 1/2 the label printed out (top half). Any thoughts??

• 1. Re: Dymo 450 quality settings issue
          DavidMargolis_1

Hi. I'm having the exact same issue in Filemaker 13. I need to print barcodes but when I set quality to best only the top half of the label prints. I never had this issue in Filemaker 12 and it only came up when I upgraded to 13. Anybody have any ideas?

• 2. Re: Dymo 450 quality settings issue
            TSGal

Casey Purcell and David Margolis:

Thank you for your posts.  (Apology to Casey Purcell for missing your post).

If you go to Preview mode, does it look like it will print correctly?  Is the print quality setting for Dymo appear in the Print dialog box or the Print Setup dialog box?  If you temporarily set the height of the label to twice the size, will the barcode then print fully?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Dymo 450 quality settings issue
              DavidMargolis_1

Hi TSGal. Yes, for me it looks perfect in preview mode. The quality setting is in the print setup dialog within Properties. Changing the height of the label seems to make no difference. I did have one instance in another layout where the bottom half of the label printed on the top half of a second label!

• 4. Re: Dymo 450 quality settings issue
                TSGal

David Margolis:

Thank you for the additional information.  I have sent the information to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

Testing generally likes to know if this is occurring on a Mac or Windows machine.  Please let me know what version of the operating system you are using, and I'll make sure that also gets forwarded.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 5. Re: Dymo 450 quality settings issue
                  DavidMargolis_1

Thanks. It's Windows 7. And only getting this issue with the Dymo 450 Labelwriter.

• 6. Re: Dymo 450 quality settings issue
                    TSGal

David Margolis:

Thanks for the additional information.  I have updated the report to include Windows 7.

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.