1 2 3 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 8:56 AM by TSGal

Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.

joan

Summary

Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.

Description of the issue

I created 2 new reports in Pro 11 trial version - downloaded.In the edit mode after I inserted the desired fields,and used the scroll bar, the screen flipped to gray with some black areas.I tried all the forms on my Pro 10 ver 3 FileMaker and they all worked fine.Hope this can be fixed. Thank you.Joan  

• 1. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
          TSGal

joan:

Thank you for your post.

What operating system and version are you running?

Can you explain a little more about the layouts?  That is, how many fields, graphics, objects, portals, parts, etc.  That is, anything I can try here to try and replicate the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
            terry

I think I have the same issue mentioned above.  I am running Mac OS X 10.6.2, FMPA 11.0v1 licensed.

When editing a layout, it appears that the window isn't refreshing properly.  When I scroll down, the window contents start to get blurry.  If I continue to scroll up and down, the pixels within that window just get blurrier and blurrier, graphics repeat themselves, etc. Click on Exit Layout and everything looks normal.

While editing a layout, if it gets blurry, I can press the spacebar, which will just put a new text box wherever the cursor happens to be. The window is instantly refreshed and looks like it is supposed to.  Adding a new field doesn't cause a refresh. However deleting the new field I just added does cause a refresh.  Deleting a field that was already there doesn't cause a refresh.  Adding a portal causes a refresh.

I haven't explored every option but it seems to me like it's a window refresh problem while editing a layout. Happens on layouts with lots of graphics, some graphics and very few graphics.  Even occurs on layouts that are just labels and fields with no graphics at all. Happens with one window open, or twenty windows open.  There doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere else but in edit layout mode.

I can find no errors in any of my logs.  FMPA 11 has crashed four times since I installed it on the 17th of this month.  I am experiencing no other graphics issues with any other program or in any other view except edit layout.

Before I pressed send on this post, I decided to do a little experimenting.  I did a recovery of the file I was having problems with.  The recover.log indicated that no errors were found during recovery.  However, I am not now experiencing the refresh problem while in edit layout mode.  Granted, I have only used the recovered file for a few minutes so it remains to be seen whether that fixed the problem. 

Happy to take some screenshots and send them on as well as the crash reports.  Just let me know where to send them. 

Terry 

• 3. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
              TSGal

terryr:

Yes, I would like to see your screen shots, and if possible, I'd also like to see a copy of the file so I can try it here.

I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - envelope icon just below the blue horizontal bar) with instructions where to send the screenshots and file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
                joan

The problem does not happen when I tried it in FM sample databases nor did it happen when I tried to edit layout in my tables with15 fields although it did  happen when I tried to edit layout for a report with about 15 fields. Could it be a problem in one of your Templates? My main form has a lot of fields, portals, lookups.I tool a picture of the screen and shall attempt to attach it.

• 5. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
                  joan

My o/s is Mac OS X Ver. 10.5.8

Hope you can find a fix.

Thank you.

Joan

• 6. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
                    joan

I was unsure how to do the Refresh so I did the following that seems to have corrected the problem:

Form Layout Edit >when I scrolled using the horizontal bar my screen blurred up> I selected the Zoom In option and the screen corrected itself.  I tried Zoom Out and it zoomed out without blurring.

I have closed and open the form in layout edit mode several time and it works fine: no blurring.

Hope this solves the problem. Let me know if it works for you.

Joan

• 7. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
                      joan

I did the following that seems to have corrected the problem:

Form Layout Edit >when I scrolled using the horizontal bar my screen blurred up> I selected the Zoom In option and the screen corrected itself.  I tried Zoom Out and it zoomed out without blurring.

I have closed and open the form in layout edit mode several time and it works fine: no blurring.

Hope this solves the problem. Please respond. Thank yoiu.

Joan

• 8. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
                        terry

Hi Joan,

This does not correct the problem for me.

I just added two graphics from the FM Graphics Pack and it has now started to blur again. I tried your solution and while it corrected it once, it dblurred again as soon as I reopened the layout.  I will perform another recovery to see if it corrects the problem.  The blurring occurs on all layouts, however, not just the one with the added graphics.

Off to do some testing.

Terry

• 9. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
                          joan

Hi, Terry:

I just inserted 2 graphics into my form and it did blur 2xs, but when I exited the edit mode, opened another form and then returned to the form that I had inserted the FM graphics using the edit layout mode it did not blur.  I tried several times w/out a problem.

I do have a different version of iMac than yours.  Mine is Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 so maybe that is the problem.

The graphics I inserted were a circle and rectangle, but I had the problem w/out any FM graphics.

Could it have something to do with the action of the scroll bar? When I open the form in edit  layout the form looks fine. The trigger that seems to instigate the blurring is when I click on the scroll bar. Just a thought.

Please let me know if you do find a solution. Mine may be temporary since it should not blur at all.

Joan

• 10. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
                            terry

It doesn't seem to happen for me with all of the graphics, only a few.  From the FM Graphics Pack, I used the home graphic on one layout and on another layout used one of the delete graphics. I started having problems with blurring on any layout, not just the ones with the new graphics.  I deleted the home graphic first, reopened and still blurring so I did a recover, reopened and lo and behold, no blurring.  The delete graphic is still in the db with no blurring now.  I have no idea if it is the home graphic itself, some weird thing that happened when I copied and pasted the home graphic, something happening with my database.... Not much help, but I will continue to play around with it when I have time.

Terry

• 11. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
                              TSGal

terryr:

I received your file.  Thank you.

Is there a specific layout you want me to see that exhibits the blurring.  On first look, I don't see any blurring.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 12. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
                                terry

If you open the Job List layout then edit, it starts to blur immediately for me.  After one blurs, the rest blur. 

I ran a DDR in html format.  It came up with two weird entries in layouts.  On the summary page, the total count of layouts is reported as 72 but on the detail page, the count of layouts is reported as 74.  I am also getting errors in my system log when running the DDR (over 1000 of them). Here are the errors.  Don't know if it is related or not. If I run a DDR as xml, I don't get these errors.

This set of lines repeats about 300 times. 

31/03/2010 15:24:33    [0x0-0x154154].com.filemaker.client.advanced[5250]    XPath warning: The function 'format-number()' is not implemented. (Occurred in entity 'file:///Applications/zTerry/Database/FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced/FileMaker Pro Advanced.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/DDR/Detail.xsl', at line 3110, column 3110.)
                                31/03/2010 15:24:33    [0x0-0x154154].com.filemaker.client.advanced[5250]    Source tree node: Object.
                                31/03/2010 15:24:33    [0x0-0x154154].com.filemaker.client.advanced[5250]    XPath warning: The function 'format-number()' is not implemented. (Occurred in entity 'file:///Applications/zTerry/Database/FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced/FileMaker Pro Advanced.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/DDR/Detail.xsl', at line 3113, column 3113.)
                                31/03/2010 15:24:33    [0x0-0x154154].com.filemaker.client.advanced[5250]    Source tree node: Object.
                                31/03/2010 15:24:33    [0x0-0x154154].com.filemaker.client.advanced[5250]    XPath warning: The function 'format-number()' is not implemented. (Occurred in entity 'file:///Applications/zTerry/Database/FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced/FileMaker Pro Advanced.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/DDR/Detail.xsl', at line 3116, column 3116.)
                                31/03/2010 15:24:33    [0x0-0x154154].com.filemaker.client.advanced[5250]    XPath warning: The function 'format-number()' is not implemented. (Occurred in entity 'file:///Applications/zTerry/Database/FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced/FileMaker Pro Advanced.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/DDR/Detail.xsl', at line 3119, column 3119.)

Then these repeated until....

31/03/2010 15:24:33    [0x0-0x154154].com.filemaker.client.advanced[5250]    XPath warning: The function 'format-number()' is not implemented. (Occurred in entity 'file:///Applications/zTerry/Database/FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced/FileMaker Pro Advanced.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/DDR/Detail.xsl', at line 3138, column 3138.)

I finally got this.

31/03/2010 15:24:33    [0x0-0x154154].com.filemaker.client.advanced[5250]    *** process 5250 exceeded 500 log message per second limit  -  remaining messages this second discarded ***

Terry

• 13. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
                                  TSGal

terryr:

Unfortunately, the blurring doesn't occur for me, even with the Job List layout.  I've scrolled up and down, right and left when editing the layout, and everything appears the same as it did initially.  I tried this on a MacBook Pro running 10.6.3, and an iMac running 10.5.8.  Any other information about your system may be helpful.  Do you have a NVIDIA GeForce Graphics card?  I mention this because a few forum users have reported some display issues with this card in full accelerator mode.  Nothing else comes immediately to mind.

The problem with the DDR in HTML format has been reported.  Another customer on the forum encountered the same issue.  Please see:

http://forum-en.filemaker.com/t5/Report-a-bug/FMPA-11-0v1-DDR-html-output-problem/td-p/59230

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 14. Re: Edit Layout/Report in Pro 11 Screen turns to gray when using either of the scroll bars.
                                    joan

I am unsure if you received a copy of the blurred screen I e-mailed a while ago.

Terry and I have the same problem, except my blur happened when I click on the scroll bar.

When I click on zoom in or zoom out the blur disappears and I am allowed to edit the layout.

This does not happen with FM Pro 10 if that helps.

Can you check any difference in the step by step between the two versions regarding edit layout mode?

This problem does not happen when using your templates.

I created my form from scratch.

I am attempting to narrow the issue so if this sounds a bit rambling I apologize.

Joan

1 2 3 Previous Next