Edit value list values in second file not updating
Operating system version
iOS 4 iPhone
Description of the issue
Assuming you have a value list defined in File A that displays a value list from File B. When the value list is assigned to a field in File A to allow editting of the value, the custom value is NOT stored in the value list in File B, but rather added to the custom values in File A's value list.
The result is the custom value is not seen in the list, and the custom value is written into File A.
This is not the way it works in normal FMP.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1) Create two files. File A & File B.
2) Define a value list in File B. Name it test. Define any custom values into the list.
3) Define a value list in File A. Name it test and define it to be a link to the value list of the same name in File B.
4) In File A, add a field to a layout, assign the value list to the field as pop up. Enable the 'allow edit of values' to the field.
5) Enter browse mode.
6) Using FileMaker GO, navigate to the layout and attempt to edit the value list.
The new value should be saved in the File B's value list.
Note that the custom value is not in the value list. You will see the value in the custom value list of File A.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear