editrecords.php does not work

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

FMS 11 Advanced 11.0.2.217

Operating system version

OS X Server 10.6.5

Description of the issue

Using the FileMaker PHP Site Assistant, I created a Full Site (authentication required). Made sure the Layout used by PHP had all editable fields.

Logged in as a user and an Admin user and neither could edit any of the fields. Recieved an error
      Error: 509 - Field requires a valid value

Tried with multiple databases and multiple themes, but none work.

I can even edit and record, do nothing but press the Save button and I get the error message.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Tried different databases, and tried different themes (from the PHP Site Assistant).
      Tried creating a minimum layout with only 3 editable fields.

Get the error message everytime.

I am able to edit fields using the FileMaker client.

Something in the PHP Site Assistant is not creating the editrecords.php file correctly.

The PHP Site Assistant files look a LOT different than the Tutorial files (the Tutorial files don't cover editing, only adding, and they don't cover Authenticating either).

Expected result

I expected to be able to edit records using the files created with the Filemaker PHP Site Assistant.

Actual result

I cannot edit using Safari 5.1.1 on OS X 10.6.8

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Error: 509 - Field requires a valid value

Workaround

Have not found any workarounds.

• 1. Re: editrecords.php does not work
          bvondeylen

I figured it out, although I do not know why it did not work.

I had a field named FormID in the table (and on the layout). It contained an auto entered serial number. I wanted it to display on the web page, but if I had it on the layout that i was using, I would get the error message in my original post. If I removed that one field from the layout, then everything worked.

I was NOT modifying the field. I just wanted it on the web page for reference. I do NOT know if the error was because of the name (FormID) or something else. I do know, that once I removed it from the layout that PHP Assistant was using, I was then able to edit the record successfully.

• 2. Re: editrecords.php does not work
            TSGal

Bryan Von Deylen:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

"formid" may be reserved, as it is used in other web languages.  If you change the field name to FormID2 or Form_ID, do you still get the error?  I don't have access to a server machine today to try this out.  Let me know your results.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.