Summary

email template and mac mail issue

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

mac os 10.6.8

Description of the issue

Each time I try to send out an email campaign from the template the first 10 recipients import correctly to mac mail but the last 30 to 40 go into an endless loop (and crashes) or 20 emails go to just one person.  I have checked all my contacts and all the info is correct as far as contact name and email address.  Is there an answer to this?  Very frustrating.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I make my campaign, add my contacts and hit send email.  Emails pop into mac mail.  First 10 or so work fine.

Expected result

Either mac mail crashes, or tons of emails appear in mac mail to one recipient.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no errors.

• 1. Re: email template and mac mail issue
          TSGal

Jen Uteda:

Thank you for your post.

I'm assuming you are talking about the "Email Campaign Management" sample template that ships with FileMaker Pro 11.

As I look through the different Layouts, I do see the "Record Detail Campaigns" Layout has a button to "Send" a campaign.  This calls the script "Send Campaign".  As I look through this script, I see a couple of Loops.  The first loop just skiips between records and exits after the last record.  This would not cause an infinite loop.  However, the second loop evaluates the "g_Contact List_Temp" field (appears to be global storage) in the Campaigns table to a blank character.  If this value is a space, then this would cause the loop to continue indefinitely.  Since this global field is populated by the field "k_ID_Contact" in the Contacts table, make sure you don't have any entries with a space.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.