Emailing from Filemaker - unable to choose E-Mail client

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Advanced 11.0v3

Operating system version

OSX Lion

Description of the issue

The FileMaker command "Send Mail" will not recognise mail applications even when they have been selected as the default mail app. I used Eudora, but now that is not available in Lion I have moved to MailSmith, which FileMaker will not recognise. I tried PostBox, a relatively new email app, but FileMaker will not recognise it either. It recognises Mail (Apple's emailer), but I do not like Mail and would much prefer not to use it. I have already moved 100,000s emails to MailSmith.

If I create an appleScript using "Perform AppleScript" command, FileMaker immediately opens Mailsmith with the message I created in FileMaker.

Why does "Send Mail" refuse to acknowledge some email apps? Why not have a pull-down menu where users can choose which email app to use?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Script "Send invoice email"

As soon as "Send Mail" step is invoked, script fails and get this message:

"Some of the files that are needed are either damaged or have not been installed. Please run the installer to correct this problem".

Expected result

Open MailSmith (or PostBox), with email and attachments from FileMaker, as it used to do with Eudora using the same "Send invoice email" script.

Actual result

"Some of the files that are needed are either damaged or have not been installed. Please run the installer to correct this problem".

My email is not sent.

NOTE: There are no problems with my mail apps, just a connection failure at the FileMaker end.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Some of the files that are needed are either damaged or have not been installed. Please run the installer to correct this problem.

Workaround

If I use the "Perform AppleScript" command then I get an email opened by MailSmith. However, I shall have to recreate the "send invoice email" as it involves attachments and I am not sure if I can do this and it takes time.

Please just fix the send via "Email client" so that users can choose what email app to use.