4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2009 3:57 PM by RickSr

English Language Pack

RickSr

Summary

English Language Pack

Description of the issue

FILEMAKER PRO 7  I have tried on several occasions to install the English Pack from my disk.  I get the message that it is installed but when I try to use it I get the message " The English theme files are missing.  Please use the installer to install the English language pack.  Language packs can also be installed from the Filemaker site."  Since the disk doesn't work I went to the Filemaker site and searched around for the language pack,  I could not find it.  Can anyone tell me what the disk problem might be or where I can find the language pack on the Filemaker site????? Thanks   Rick  P.S.   I have installed all the Filemaker Pro Version 7 updates currently on the site.

• 1. Re: English Language Pack
          TSGal

RickSr:

Thank you for your post.

Somehow, FileMaker is not seeing the English Extras folder inside your FileMaker Pro 7 folder.  It sounds like you have reinstalled from the CD several times, so possibly there is some corruption on the disk.  If you are running on a Macintosh, run Disk Utility and repair disk permissions.  If you are running on Windows, use a disk utility to clean up your hard disk.

If that doesn't work, then I would uninstall FileMaker Pro 7, remove it completely from your hard disk and do a full reinstall.

If you are still running into difficulty, let me know what kind of computer and operating system you are running.  That will help me give you some additional possibilities.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: English Language Pack
            RickSr

TSgal,

Thank you for your fast response.

I have tried all you suggest several times.

I will try them all again just to be sure I did it right.

I have a six month old HP Pavallon Entertainment PC (Laptop)

running Vista.

Were you able to locate where on the Filemaker Site that the English Pack is located????

Thank you again for your assistance.

Rick

• 3. Re: English Language Pack
              TSGal

RickSr:

The English Pack comes with the software along with the other languages.  It is not available as a separate download.  If it was available as a separate package for FileMaker Pro 7, it is no longer available.  We haven't supported FileMaker Pro 7 in a few years.

If you get time, try downloading a trial version of FileMaker Pro 10 and see if you run into the same problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: English Language Pack
                RickSr

I will down load Version 10 as you suggest and give it a try.

I would like to buy version 10 but your software very expensive and

each new version seems to give very little DATABASE features.

Why doesn't Filemaker do a version without all the internet capabilities?  I doubt that

most of your users use internet capabilities, and we could get it cheaper and I bet

Filemaker would get more users.

Thanks for your efforts.

Rick