It seem there are several confusions on your report and the file provided. Moreover, i am unable to replicate :
- The file name extension is actually fmp7 which doen't exist in real life : "fp7" is correct for a FileMaker 11 software, as "fmp12" is for higher versions.
- Changing the extension to fp7, i am able to open your file with FileMaker Pro 11. However, when i come to the layout named "table1" associated to the table occurrence (TO) of the same name, i do see the field named "key2" displaying only the value "table2 2::field". This result seem absolutely correct, since it is a calculation field, where the formula is : GetFieldName ( table2 2::field ).
- In the same layout, "abc" is a value of a field named "field" of the related TO named "table2". If you switch to the layout named table2, this value is also displayed in the according field.
- If i then open the file with FileMaker 14, after conversion, i am not able reproduce any crash. I realize it won't be helpful for you, but you may would to provide additional information about your system configuration, posting again.
Also, keep in mind the following :
- A table can have many occurrences on the relationship graph, called Table Occurrences (TO).
- A layout is always associated to a TO, never directly to the table itself.
- GetFieldName always returns a fully qualified name using following syntax : <TO Name>::<Field Name>.
As a side note, the formula of the field table1::key1 is actually a litteral string : "table2::field", whereas table1::key2 have the formula i referred previously : GetFieldName ( table2 2::field ). Both calculations are unstored (UC). Note that a relationship based on UC is unidirectionnal, that mean you wont' be able to see related data of table1 from table2.