6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 2:58 AM by AlexRoads

Error 1316 when attempting to install FMP Server 11 update (v.11.2)

Rich_Eastern

Summary

Error 1316 when attempting to install FMP Server 11 update (v.11.2)

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

MS Server 2003

Description of the issue

The NOS is up to date with all MS updates.
      The Java version on the server is Java 6 Update 23.

Originally had FMP Server 10 running on the server.  I uninstalled FMP server 10 and did a clean install of FMP Server 11.  It installed with no issues.

I stopped the FMP Server and shutdown the FMP Server Admin Console

Then tried to install the FMP Server 11.2 update.  After it opens up the files, I get the following error and the update install ends.  The window is titled: Java 6 Update 20 - Error 1316.  A Network error occurred while attempting to read from the file c:\documents and settings\admin\applications Data\sun\java\jre1.6.0_20\jre1.6.0_20.msi

Cannot understand why it is attempting to do an install of Java 6.20 when Java 6.23 is on the machine.  The install does not get beyond this.

Is there a fix to this or a way around it?

Thanks in advance...

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Error 1316.  A Network error occurred while attempting to read from the file c:\documents and settings\admin\applications Data\sun\java\jre1.6.0_20\jre1.6.0_20.msi

• 1. Re: Error 1316 when attempting to install FMP Server 11 update (v.11.2)
          TSGal

Rich_Eastern:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

Error 1316 usually occurs if the server doesn't have the proper permissions.  Make sure you are updating from an Admin account.

On a side note, a problem was reported with Java 6 Update 23 affecting the installation of FileMaker Server.  However, the issue does not mention anything about the updater having an issue.  If possible, try reinstalling an earlier update of Java on the machine and try again.  If you have already found a solution to install, please post here in case others encounter the same problem.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Error 1316 when attempting to install FMP Server 11 update (v.11.2)
            RandallPaulk

Was this resolved?

I am having the same issue on a Windows 2008 server.  When I try to run the fms_11v2_win_updater on FileMaker Pro Server 11.0.95, I get the following error:

Error 1316: A network error occured while attempting to read from the file C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre 1.6.0_20\jre 1.6.0_20

The problem is the directory is not there.  I am running the newest version of Java 6.0_24.  I have folders for the last three versions of Java, but not version 20.  And I can't find it to download either.

Why is Filemaker updater requesting an old version of Java in it's install process?  How do I fix it?

• 3. Re: Error 1316 when attempting to install FMP Server 11 update (v.11.2)
              Rich_Eastern

I did find a way around this:

After the installation error, it has created the install folder (FileMaker Server 11 v2 Updater) on the desktop.  Drill down into the folder and then go into the Files folder.  I ran the FileMakerServer11v2Update.msp directly.   The install worked fine then.

Randall, I had the same issue with the missing Java 6 v20 and cannot understand why it wants to install an older version.

TSGal, I am logged in as the network administrator with full rights.

• 4. Re: Error 1316 when attempting to install FMP Server 11 update (v.11.2)
                RandallPaulk

Thank you, Rich_Eastern!

That worked for me also.  I did notice that the Java 6.0.20 installer was in the same location as the .MSP file.  But I didn't want to install it.

Thanks again!!Smile

• 5. Re: Error 1316 when attempting to install FMP Server 11 update (v.11.2)
                  bbergerman

Not sure why but it seems you can run the java installer separately too - it only seems to fail when it is launched via the Filemaker Setup.exe installer in the root of the update folder.

• 6. Re: Error 1316 when attempting to install FMP Server 11 update (v.11.2)
                    AlexRoads

Error 1316 is an irritating installation error. It pops up when a software is being installed, uninstalled or repaired on your computer. You may get the following description while seeing this error: Error 1316: "A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: :\Install.msi" Are you wondered what causes this glitch? No need to worry. This article is all about the simple and user friendly steps that help you fix error 1316 Windows 7.

1. Use Windows Installer Clean Up
                        2. Use a Registry Fixing Utility
                        3. Change Windows Installer Registry Information
                        4. Check the Security Details of the Concerning File

I also faced this error many times but i fixed it, i also got some help from this website error1316 , hope someone might get help from this website.