6 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2015 12:36 PM by TSGal

    Error Code 3 returned when it should be 9

    philmodjunk

      Summary

      Error Code 3 returned when it should be 9

      Product

      FileMaker Pro

      Version

      13.04 (We know there's a .05)

      Operating system version

      Windows 7

      Description of the issue

      A user was unable to export records. While investigating causes, we found that the script in question was returning Error code 3--command is unavailable when it failed to export data.

      After that code lead us down several blind alleys, we found that the user's privilege set in the interface file did not allow exports.

      Steps to reproduce the problem

      Set up two files on the data separation model. Use manage security to set up matching accounts in both the data and interface files. Give the data file privilege set permission to export data. Do not give the interface file privilege set permission to export.

      Run a script with Export records while logged in with this account and use Get ( LastError ) to capture/display the error code.

      Expected result

      Error Code 9 (Insufficient access privileges)

      Actual result

      Error code 3 (Command is unavailable)