3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2010 12:23 PM by (O_O)

Error Report

Booji

Summary

Error Report

Description of the issue

I am using FileMaker Pro 8 on a Mircosoft Office program. Filemaker has been shutting down on me and sending a report stating: Filemaker Pro has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.  If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.  Please tell Microsoft about this problem.  we have created an error report that you can send to us.  We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous." I have then "debug,"  "send Error Report,"  or "Don't Send."  Either way the program closes and I loose all of my information. This seems to happen most when I am copying and pasting Word text into the FileMaker. Any ideas how I can stop this from happening? Booji

• 1. Re: Error Report
          RickWhitelaw

???"I am using FileMaker Pro 8 on a Mircosoft Office program."???

Sorry, but what you're saying is not possible.

• 2. Re: Error Report
            5104919325FTN

RickWhitelaw wrote:

???"I am using FileMaker Pro 8 on a Mircosoft Office program."???

Sorry, but what you're saying is not possible.

Well, the meaning was surely.

"I'm using FM and Microsoft Office on a Windows OS"

I suggest, to import the text as "plain text", I mean Strg-Shift-V unstead of Strg-V.

Why? Because of maybe some strange Word-Tag, which is incompatible with FM.

• 3. Re: Error Report
              (O_O)

A couple of more questions are how much text are you copy and pasting in?

Are you using the same file after crashing?  The reason I ask is that if FileMaker crashed, there may be a chance that the file you had been using is damaged if you are using that file locally.  To note, FileMaker files should be shared through FileMaker sharing and not through sharing through the OS.  Pg 109 of the user's guide for 11, I can't remember which page it was for FMP 8. ( http://www.filemaker.com/support/product/docs/fmp/fmp11_users_guide.pdf )

There may be other things you can do to not only avoid crashing but also improve performance.

I agree with fabricker that importing may be better.