Thank you for your post.
The best place to enter this suggestion is into our feature suggestion web form at:
I know I could easily copy your post and paste it into the web form, but there are additional questions asked that only you can answer.
Although I have used the Feature Request form many times in the past, I came to the FileMaker Forum ["Provide FileMaker feedback or Report a bug"] forum because ...
1. The forum allows discussion and clarification.
2. Other users can search for known problems and can join the discussion.
3. The Feature Request form has seemed like a black hole.
Once at the FileMaker Forum, I chose the "Report a bug" instead of "Provide feedback" because I consider this to be a usability bug that should be fixed, not a request for a new feature.
Since the Feature Request form and this Forum seem to be addressing the same need, I encourage the FileMaker Product Management consider merging the two.
It's time to get down from my soapbox and back to building FileMaker solutions for my clients.
Thanks for the clarification.
1. Yes, the forum allows discussion and clarification.
2. Yes, users can search for known problems and join the discussion.
3. Yes, when a request is made into the feature request form, you do not receive any confirmation it was received. I know it seems like a black hole, but I can attest that this information is being fed into a database that FileMaker Product Management and Development view on a daily basis.
After talking with members in Product Management and Development, your observation/problem is being viewed as a design issue; not a problem with the application. That is why I suggested the feature request form.
I just copied this thread into the Feature Request form.
It reminded me of my frustration with this Request form, e.g. two 4-line scrolling text fields is not a user-friendly mechanism for discussing a serious issue.
Thanks, TSGal, for participating in this usability "feature" discussion and for contacting the product team.