2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2009 1:38 PM by JoeSlag

execute() PHP function hanging

JoeSlag

Summary

execute() PHP function hanging

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Server 9.0v3.326Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.4.11Detailed description of the issue:I have a PHP file running a simple find that recently started hanging when execute() is called. While the script is running, 100% cpu is used indefinitely by /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/FM Web Publishing.app/Contents/MacOS/FM Web Publishing. If I do the same find through the FileMaker client, it runs for a few seconds & returns the expected result.Exact steps to reproduce the issue: I have a database with 6 fields: body, sent_flag, recipient, subject, sent_date, and sent_time. There's a layout solely used for the script, 'outgoing_email', that has just those fields on it. the following script hangs for me every time:#!/usr/bin/php

• 1. Re: execute() PHP function hanging
          philmodjunk
             "If I do the same find through the FileMaker client, it runs for a few seconds & returns the expected result."
          For such a straight forward find, I'm suprised it ran for "several seconds" on the client machine. This seems really unlikely, but is there any chance the field has indexing turned off or something?
          • 2. Re: execute() PHP function hanging
            JoeSlag

PhilModJunk wrote:
            "If I do the same find through the FileMaker client, it runs for a few seconds & returns the expected result."
            For such a straight forward find, I'm suprised it ran for "several seconds" on the client machine. This seems really unlikely, but is there any chance the field has indexing turned off or something?
            There is an index on sent_flag. I'm using a local FileMaker client connected to the database remotely, which I assume accounts for the delay.
             Thanks for the idea, though.