Summary

ExecuteSQL Username Field

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac 10.7.5

Description of the issue

ExecuteSQL is returning a result that is irregular. It is returning data that does not exist.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I created a test script to display the results of the SQL query below.

ExecuteSQL ( "SELECT UserID, Username, Username1, FullName FROM Users WHERE Status='Active'"; ", "; "¶"; "")

This is against a table with the following fields. Username is not one of them.

UserID
      Username1
      FullName

At first Username1 was named only Username and when I ran the query it returned an incorrect result, a single username rather than each of the ones in the record.

When I changed the name to Username1, it returned the correct result for each record. Then I added Username back into the query even though that field does not exist. This is the query above. What was returned was all of the fields above PLUS a single name in the place of Username for each unique record. The name happened to be my login.

I then logged out of the program and logged back in using a different user account and ran the query. The result was that the query returned the new login in the Username field.

Expected result

What I think should be returned is ? since Username is not actually in the table.

Actual result

What it is returning is the equivalent to Get( AccountName)

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No errors are reported

Configuration information

The users in my table correspond to user account set up in the file. There appears to be no differentiation between account levels, i.e. full access, read only, etc.

Workaround

I have to use an alternate name for Username since it does not return the desired result.