2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2010 11:40 AM by TSGal

Exiting the calculation dialog with CMD + Enter does not work anymore in FM 11

andries_1

Summary

Exiting the calculation dialog with CMD + Enter does not work anymore in FM 11

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.5.5 Detailed description of the issue:Untill FileMaker 10 it was able to close the calculation window with the shortcut CMD + Enter. This is unfortunately no longer supported in FileMaker 11. I don't know if this is a bug, or just a change in behavior.Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1. Open a calculation window2. Try to close it with CMD + Enter Expected Result:Calculation is saved and window is closed Actual Result:Adds a new carriage return in the calculation Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:N/AAny workarounds that you have found:N/A

• 1. Re: Exiting the calculation dialog with CMD + Enter does not work anymore in FM 11
          andries_1

this is a change in behavior I discovered. It is now function + return... but now you need both hands to exit the calculation dialog box... this is a pitty

• 2. Re: Exiting the calculation dialog with CMD + Enter does not work anymore in FM 11
            TSGal

andries:

Thank you for your post.

I have a Return key and an Enter key.  I have always pressed the Enter key to exit out of the Calculation dialog box.  Therefore, I'll assume you only have the one key.

Yes, I can use Command-Return in FileMaker Pro 10 to also exit the Calculation dialog box, and this does not work in FileMaker Pro 11.  However, I only get a beep when I try this in FileMaker Pro 11; not an extra carriage return.  The fn-Return key combination does work as you described.  Are you using a different language OS other than English?

This was previously reported (not by a forum member), and our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments are aware of this issue.  No other information is available at this time.  When more information does become available, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.