2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2009 8:14 AM by LaRetta_1

Export

LaRetta_1

Summary

Export

Description of the issue

If we have a scripted export and later delete a field from the table, our export correctly drops that field from the export (it disappears in the right-side export pane).  But when I want to print documentation on the script (print to PDF or to printer), FM displays  in that spot.  Well, 1) we don't know which field is missing so it really is of no benefit for it to display in the list and 2) it NEVER leaves - EVER. I might understand if it displayed the missing field until the next time the export step was modified or ran but no.  So if we want good, current documention showing the correct state of that export script, we will never get it because a field we deleted from the export 5 years ago will still display as  and make us concerned EVERY time we print current documentation (because we won't know if it's old or current issue).  I shouldn't have to re-create the export script-step just to get a printed copy without .  The problem also is, because it doesn't give ANY indication of which field is missing, there will be no way of knowing which  represented which field we deleted (when).  Make sense? At least if FM is going to leave that reference there, tell us the Source Field number attached to it like it does when we print the Import script.  Then it might have some meaning. 

• 1. Re: Export
          TSGal

LaRetta:

Thank you for your post.

I was able to duplicate the problem with FileMaker Pro 10 running under Mac OS X 10.5.7.  I have forwarded your post along with my example to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  If any additional information becomes available, I will let you know.

The only workaround I have found is to create another Export Records script step with the same setting as the old one, and then remove the old Export Records script step.  I know you shouldn't have to do this, but this was the only way I have found to remove the <Field Missing> reference in the printout.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Export
            LaRetta_1
               Thanks, TSGal, yes I can re-create the export.  But it will happen again the next time I delete a field so to do it just so I can print a good Product Documentation page seems like a bit much.  I'll wait and hope for a fix.  Thanks again for following up on it.