export data

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

advanced 11.0v3

Operating system version

windows 7 professional

Description of the issue

I exported data with older versions of FM but with this one it´s the 1st time (Pro advanced 11.0v3) i don´t know what´s the problem FM simply close the program. Can anyone hell me with this??

Steps to reproduce the problem

go to file, choose export records. then choose the file name you want to save and format (.tab, .xls or .xlsx ) then fill the excell options: name worksheet, title..., and when I click to save it simply appears "FM pro advanced stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available", and a button "Close the program" and close FM.

• 1. Re: export data
          philmodjunk

Try this with a brand new file created from scratch. Does it crash also?I

If it does not, try recovering your original file and see if the recovered copy will export successfully.

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1.           The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
          3.           Recover does not detect all problems
          5.           Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
          7.           Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledgebase article that you may find useful: What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).