Export Field Contents script step produces different file than manual Export Field Contents command
Operating system version
Mac OS X 10.7.5
Description of the issue
The Export Field Contents script step, when performed on a container field containing a FileMaker plugin, will produce a different file than the one created by manually performing the Export Field Contents command on the same container field.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. create a FileMaker Pro 12.0v3 file with a container field
2. insert a FileMaker plugin into the container field
3. create a script that exports the container field to the desktop using the Export Field Contents script step
4. perform the script. In my example this creates a file that it is 345kb in size and is not a valid FileMaker plugin and isn't recognised by FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0v3
5. now right click on the container field and select Export Field Contents and save to the desktop. In my example this creates a file that is a valid FileMaker plugin and is 884kb in size
A FileMaker plugin file that is the same regardless of the method of using the Export Field Contents command (manually vs scripted)
Plugin file exported using the Export Field Contents script step is different to the file created by manually performing the Export Field Contents command.
See screenshot showing the 2 files created with different file sizes.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
I have an example file that demonstrates this problem which I can send to you if needed.