Export Problem

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker Pro 11

Operating system version

Windows 7 Home Premium

Description of the issue

FileMaker stops working when exporting.  I have used FileMaker 11 for a year now but am having a continuing intermittent export problem that I have had since Day 1.  I have it with all of my FileMaker databases so I believe that it's got to be a program problem rather than a problem with a specific database file.  I get the message:

"FileMaker has stopped working.  Windows is checking for a solution to the problem."  (FYI, I have Windows 7)

Then in a few seconds, I get the message:  "FileMaker has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly .  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." 

The only option I get is to close the program.  It does not matter what kind of file -- .csv, mer, whatever -- that I export. 

FileMaker opens the file again okay from scratch.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I go to "File", "Export", select a destination and file name and then click "Save".  The messages then pop up.

Expected result

An exported file.

Actual result

The "FileMaker has stopped working" message.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

"FileMaker has stopped working.  Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." 

"FileMaker has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly .  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Configuration information

None that I know of.

Workaround

None

Outcomes