I suspect that the local path is still not one supported by server. Haven't checked this with server 12, but earlier versions could only export data to a very short list of locations.
See the Knowledge Base article: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7035/kw/server%20import%20records
Hello Alec Gregory:
Thank you for posting.
As PhilModJunk alluded this may be an issue related to a unsupported filepath being used. What file path are you using to store the file?
If you are using the a Get function inside a variable filepath I've found it very benficial with server side scripting to store the exported file's filepath and name inside a field for troubleshooting.
And if all else fails, it possible to set up a "robot file" that opens via an operating system level scheduler (not Server) and links to the database as a client--performing the script succesfully from a "client" context. (We have a "robot" here that imports data into an Archive file each night. If we used a server script, we'd have to export the data as text to a permitted location, then import the text-moving a very large block of data twice. With the robot file, an import script in the archive file imports the data directly from another FileMaker file.)