Summary

Extra Blank Space at top of List View with Sub-Summary Parts

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Macintosh OS X 10.7

Description of the issue

When viewing a list in Browse Mode, sometimes I get an empty space between the Header and the first Leading Sub-Summary when the Body Part is not present.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Can't exactly say. It doesn't happen all the time, even within one Layout. As an example:

I have a Layout with multiple Sub-Summaries (one Leading, many Trailing -- the one leading part is a duplicate of one of the trailing parts, i.e. same sort) and no Body Part.

This Layout has 2 checkboxes with OnModify Script Triggers that re-sort the list in order to show/hide some of the Parts. In one particular sort, the blank space appears.

I have another Layout which demonstrates the same behavior, but with only one (Trailing) Sub-Summary.

As far as I can tell, the only common thread is that none of the Layouts which demonstrate the behavior have a Body Part. (Each Layout's blank space is a different size.)

This behavior was not present in v11. I have also rebuilt one of the Layouts in question from scratch (no elements copied/pasted from the original affected Layout) and the same issue occurs.

Expected result

The first Sub-Summary Part appears immediately beneath the Header Part

Actual result

There is a blank space between the Header Part and the first Sub-Summary Part.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None.

Configuration information

FMP 12.0.1, FMPA 12.0.1
Mac OS X 10.7.3

Workaround

None yet.

BlankSpaces.jpg

Outcomes