Actual result

Need to use the mouse and click the buttons in teh debugger

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

Workaround

Use mouse or use FMPA13 where this works fine on the same PC

• 1. Re: F5 thru F8 don't work in scriptdebugger on Windows FMPA14
          philmodjunk

After opening the debugger, try clicking the debugger window once to give it the focus. Do the f buttons now work?

Others have observed and reported here that the debugger window no longer gets the focus automatically as in v13 so this issue may be why the f buttons didn't work.

• 2. Re: F5 thru F8 don't work in scriptdebugger on Windows FMPA14

menno:

Thank you for the post.

At least on Windows 7, I am unable to replicate. Not only does the Script Debugger window activate immediately after calling the script, but even if I click the database window (making Script Debugger not the active window), then F5-F8 all still perform their respective functions. 

I don’t have a Windows 8.1 machine available right now for testing, but I will report back once I have been able to test. 

If you quit FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced and press those keys, does the Windows operating system perform any actions? I ask because the operating system will take precedent over the FileMaker application when those keys are mapped to an operating system action. 

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: F5 thru F8 don't work in scriptdebugger on Windows FMPA14
              hschlossberg

And in addition to the questions that Phil and Falcon asked... do those keys never work for you in debugger, even immediately after startup? Or do they work for a while and then start permanently failing at some point thereafter?

• 4. Re: F5 thru F8 don't work in scriptdebugger on Windows FMPA14

It did and does work just fine with FMPA13 on the very same computer, so to me that means that there is no OS shortcut that prevales over the FM-shortcuts. BTW within a program in MS-windows, the shortcuts of that program usually are prevalent and not the other way around.

Oddly the F5-F8 shortcuts are working again, why? I have no idea ?! I will wait and see if this happens again, but for now I consider this solved. Thank you all for your replies! 

Regards, Menno