AnsweredAssumed Answered

Field contents aren't selected when displaying on web via IWP

Question asked by TWE on Dec 3, 2009
Latest reply on Jan 20, 2011 by JamesStump

Summary

Field contents aren't selected when displaying on web via IWP

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved  FileMaker Server Advanced, Server Version    10.0.1.64 Operating System(s) involved  server running: Microsoft Windows Server 2003, service pack 2  browser running: Windows 7 Home premium Detailed description of the issue  After bringing up a database in a browser, I selected one of the fields to edit. The field behavior setting "Select entire contents of field on entry" was ON for all fields except the last two. When tabbing through the fields (with the TAB key), none of the fields were selected. Exact steps to reproduce the issue  (1) Using FileMaker Pro, for a simple FileMaker database, change the field behavior for all fields for "Select entire contents of field on entry" to ON. Be sure to do this remotely on the database that FileMaker Server is using.    View -> Layout Mode    Select a field    Right click Field/Control -> Behavior    Make sure that the "Select entire contents of field on entry" checkbox ix checked  (2) Bring up a browser. I tried this on IE 8, Safari 4.0.4 and Firefox 3.5.5 - same result.  (3) Select a field to edit (list view)  (4) Press the TAB key to move from one field to the next Expected Result  For the fields whose behavior "Select entire contents of field on entry" is set to ON, the field contents should be selected when one TABs into it. Actual Result  The contents of none of the fields were selected.  Note that in FileMaker Pro the field contents are selected according to the "Select entire contents of field on entry" setting. Exact text of any error message(s) that appearedAny additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue  I tried this in List view and Detail view with the same result. Any workarounds that you have found  No work-around. If you want the field selected you have to do this yourself.  --tom

Outcomes