Summary

field doesn't repeat on report summary

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

mac os x 10.9

Description of the issue

When i view my report to print, it only displays the "event" field in the top record.  I need it to display on all records...

Donations-List-Report.jpg

• 1. Re: field doesn't repeat on report summary
          philmodjunk

Report An Issue is intended for Reporting Possible Software bugs. Questions on how to work with FileMaker Pro should be posted in the FM Pro Forum Section. (See tab at top of this screen.)

And how is your database designed?

Are all of these fields from the same table or is the Event field from a related table?

Should this text be the same for all records in your database or just the 12 shown in your screen shot?

Best guess is that you should have at least two tables and very easily more linked in relationships:

Events------<Donations

Events::__pkEventID = Donations::_fkEventID

For an explanation of the notation that I am using, see the first post of: Common Forum Relationship and Field Notations Explained

Then, if you properly link records in this relationship, your layout can list records from Donations, but include an Event Name field from Events to list the Event that is associated with that particular donation.

• 2. Re: field doesn't repeat on report summary
            TSGal

Cherrie Dye:

Thank you for your post.

If the top of the Event field is touching the Header part, then it becomes part of the Header, and therefore only print once per page.  Go into Layout Mode, click the Event field, and press the down arrow one or two times to move the top of the field back into the Body part.  Return to Preview mode, and you should now see an event for each line item.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: field doesn't repeat on report summary
              CherrieDye

Thank you TSGal...that solved my issue!  Much appreciated!

Thank you PhilModJunk for your input, I am new to the forums and did not realize I was posting in the wrong area.