5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 11:41 AM by johnnykrz

Field editing problem in FileMaker 11 on PPC

johnnykrz

Summary

Field editing problem in FileMaker 11 on PPC

Description of the issue

We are experiencing a problem on the one PowerPC mac we have left, an iMac G5 running 10.5.8, that does not appear to be a problem on any Intel Mac or PC. Upon first installation, everything seemed to be working fine and quite a bit faster, the user noted. However, after about a day of usage, fields began to no longer display text as it was being entered or edited. This also applied to selections and any sort of interaction with the fields. Once the text was entered and the field was exited, you could then see the changes but the problem made FM Pro 11 unusable for them. I also tried creating a new database with one field on their local HD to rule out a problem with the database itself and it was also affected. To fix it, I was able to reinstall FM Pro 11 and it would work again for about a day, but then the same problem would occur. We did this for several days, wiping out all traces of 11 and reinstalling, but finally decided to go back to FM 10 on that machine since we are not really utilizing any of the new features. The database they are using is being hosted by FM Server Advanced 11 and, again, is not a problem for any other user on the network which are mostly Intel Macs running either 10.5.8 or 10.6.2. Therefore, I assume the problem is with the PPC code. Thanks, JohnnyK