Thank you for your post.
I'm unable to replicate the problem under Mac OS X 10.7.3 and Windows XP (SP3). Here are the steps I took:
1. I created a new database file in FileMaker Pro 11.0v3 (Windows) and 11.0v4 (Mac).
2. I created two fields, formatted them for Decimal and Boolean, with Control style set to "Pop-up menu" with values from two Value Lists
3. I entered a few records.
4. I quit FileMaker Pro 11, launched FileMaker Pro 12, and converted the files.
5. Both fields still have the same values and are displayed.
6. I switched from Decimal and Boolean to General and went to Browse.
7. I then switched back to Decimal and Boolean and went to Browse. All information still displays in the fields.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the problem.
I am not sure why your results differ from mine, seems you have done what I did.
Anyway, I can reproduce it consistently, and it is not related to conversion from 11. I made a fresh file in 12 and the results are the same.
I suspect it is related to the fact that no numbers are present when you choose to display only values from the second field, and thus the Decimal formatting removes all text making the field appear blank. So, I tested this by inserting a number in one of the text values and yes, this number appeared with the rest of the text removed.
In 11, the complete value of the second field was returned, regardless of the format of the pop-up field.
That said, there is no reason why a field should be set to Decimal when using a text value list and it is easily fixed, but still I felt I should report it as a changed behaviour and the result is confusing. I am not sure if it qualifies as a bug.
I was going to attach the file, but it does not seem possible. If you tell me how to submit the file, I can send it to you.
It is probably best at this point if I look at your file. Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send your file.
Thank you for your post.
I am able to replicate the issue. Follow these steps to make it work like FileMaker Pro 11:
1. Go into Layout Mode and select the "Decimal" field.
2. In the Inspector, click the "Data" tab.
3. At the bottom, under "Data Formatting", change the pop-up next to "Format" from "Decimal" to "As entered".
4. Return to Browse Mode to see the data as it appeared previously.
Let me know if you need additional clarification.
This appears to be fixed with the FMP 12v2 update. Let me know if you still can reproduce this bug--my brief test could not reproduce it in FMP 12v2 on windows.
The issue remains and the behaviour is unchanged after the update. I have only been able to test it on Mac.
I've updated the database and bugs list to show this as now a "mac only" issue.