1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2010 1:28 PM by philmodjunk

Field/Control Setup Window not available

wahood3

Summary

Field/Control Setup Window not available

Description of the issue

File Maker Product:  FileMaker Pro 11.0V1 (2-4-2010)Operating System:  Mac OS X  10.6.3Detail description:  When attempting to create a field control the "Field/Control Setup" window never appears. Exact Steps: Layout Mode click field/control tool icon place control on layout at this point, the untitled table select window appears after selecting the table::field, the window closes and the control says  I have found no way to get the "Field/Control Setup"   window to appear Expected Result: The "Field/Control Setup"   window should appear after the control is placed on the layout. I have FileMaker Pro 10  Windows version that works as expected. Actual Result: The "Field/Control Setup"   window does NOT appear after the control is placed  on the layout.  I have not found a way to get the window to appear. Error Messages: There are no error messages either system or application. Work Arounds: From the INSERT menu, I can create a value list, but I can not assign it to the control. Thanks for your help. 

• 1. Re: Field/Control Setup Window not available
          philmodjunk

In filemaker 11, there is no field/control setup... dialog. It has been replaced by a section of the data tab in the Inspector.

When you place a field on the layout by dragging from the Field tool to the layout, you should get the specify field dialog which permits selecting a field. To select and/or create a value list, you bring up the inspector and click the data tab.