Summary

Fields not searchable in Instant Web Publishing

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS Mountain Lion

Description of the issue

We have a database in File Maker Pro 12 which we imported from Pro 7, in which certain fields are searchable (field type = text field). However, when this same database was recently published to the web via Instant Web Publishing those same fields are not searchable and instead appear as 'drop-downs' in which no text appear.

Does anyone have ideas as to how to remedy this? Thank you!

• 1. Re: Fields not searchable in Instant Web Publishing

Andy R:

Thank you for the post. 

Are the text fields drop-downs? Has "Field entry" been disabled for Find mode? Regular text fields should not appear as drop-downs in Instant Web Publishing whether in Find mode or Browse mode.

I created a simple .fp7 test file in FileMaker Pro 11 with a single text field, four records, and converted the file to .fmp12 using FileMaker Pro 12. Hosting the file with FileMaker's Instant Web Publishing allows me to type to perform a find on the field.

If a new simple test file is created and converted, then can this behavior be replicated?

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Fields not searchable in Instant Web Publishing
            AndyR

Thank you for your response, TSFalcon. How do I check to see whether "Field Entry" has been disabled? I well create and convert a test file once I have checked "Field Entry."

• 3. Re: Fields not searchable in Instant Web Publishing

Andy R:

Thank you for the reply.

Open the file and Edit Layout > Select Field > Open Inspector > Data > Behavior > Field entry and check to see if the box for "Find Mode" is checked or unchecked. See attached screenshot below.

TSFalcon

FileMaker, Inc.