Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0 ver 1

Operating system version

Windows XP

Description of the issue

Hi,

File maker Pro version 11.0 ver 1 shows junk charecters. PLease find the screenshot for reference.

Steps to reproduce the problem

As per our observation if a system has Filemaker pro and Adobe type manager then we receive Junk charecters. If we remove the Adobe type manager we dont see Junk charecters..

How ever we require Adobe Type manager to work with other applications.

Expected result

We want File maker pro to work with out showing Junk characters along with Adobe type manager application.

Any quick help much appreciated

filemaker_pro_error.jpg

• 1. Re: File Maker Pro Junk Charecter issue
          philmodjunk

What happens if you change the font specified for this text? (Speculating that FileMaker is substituting a different font for that originally specified and that ATM is affecting which font is used in the substitution.)

• 2. Re: File Maker Pro Junk Charecter issue
            nagesh

We have tried by changing and adding the fonts in the option Format >Fonts>Add or Change Fonts, but still it doesn't work. 

• 3. Re: File Maker Pro Junk Charecter issue
              philmodjunk

Not what I had in mind.

Enter layout mode. Select this text and check the name of the font specified for it. If it is blank, then this suggests that the file was created on a different machine with a different font specified than what is currently available. If this is the case, FileMaker will substitute a different font and the substituted font could be a symbol font--which would produce the results you posted. Don't know why/how ATM would affect this, but I'd try selecting a different font such as Arial for this text to see if it then displays correctly.

• 4. Re: File Maker Pro Junk Charecter issue
                nagesh

We found that issue is due to Post script and true type version of Same Font installed inthe System due to this Post script Font not working when True script font is working and vise Versa..

Is there any way we can make both Post Script and true Type version fonts work at a time.

• 5. Re: File Maker Pro Junk Charecter issue
                  philmodjunk

Not as far as I know.

I would try removing the true type font (If you really, truly need the post script version) and updating each layout where this issue occurs by reselecting the desired post script version of the font if removing the true type font doesn't resolve the issue automatically.