AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker 10 Page Setup Printer Problems

Question asked by hray35_1 on Jan 23, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2011 by TSGal

Summary

Filemaker 10 Page Setup Printer Problems

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro Avanced 10.1FileMaker Server 10Operating System(s) involved:Windows XP, sp3 Detailed description of the issue:I have three databases hosted by FileMaker Server 10.   I just went to Filemaker 10 from version 8.5.  Once I switched I went in and had to add a Page Setup to each of my scripts that print.  I print envelopes, labels, and various pages.  In each of the scripts, the page setup it is set to restore along with the print.  Everytime I set the layout to print envelopes or labels it will randomly remember the setup.  Sometimes it knows the correct page setup and sometimes it returns to whatever was last printed.  This appears to be if someone changed printers with a different script running it remembers their page setup not what is set in the script Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Create a new script2.  Add a page setup and print to the script (restore for both)base to FileMaker Server Expected Result:When I set the page setup and print options in the script to restore it should remember then.  If I am printing an envelope is should allow me to set the paper to envelope and remember it each time but it remembers whatever was printed last! Actual Result:It always remembers what the last thing printed was set to.  It NEVER remembers what I have preset in the actually script  PLEASE HELP.  I have hundreds of scripts that all have various print options.  I can't have the users constantly having to change everything in page setup.  Have I missed a NEW FEATURE and I'm not scripting the print options properly? 

Outcomes