Summary

FileMaker 10.0v3 and Mountain Lion

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

10.0v3

Operating system version

Description of the issue

When launching FileMaker, the beach-ball appears and spins for quite a while until telling you that FileMaker cannot share files over the web because instant web publishing could not be started. Even after turning the sharing off, on every launch this appears

This is on an install of FIleMaker that is not on a new laptop after being moved by Apple's Migration Assistant

Steps to reproduce the problem

Migrate filemaker from 10.7 laptop to new laptop
      upgrade new laptop to 10.8

Expected result

everything works

Actual result

When launching FileMaker, the beach-ball appears and spins for quite a while until telling you that FileMaker cannot share files over the web because instant web publishing could not be started. Even after turning the sharing off, on every launch this appears

This is on an install of FIleMaker that is not on a new laptop after being moved by Apple's Migration Assistant

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

FileMaker cannot share files over the web because instant web publishing could not be started.

Workaround

none, turned sharing off, still comes up

websharing.png

• 1. Re: FileMaker 10.0v3 and Mountain Lion
          james_quiggins

Hello Steven Bland:

Thank you for posting.

FileMaker 10 has not been tested or certified with Mac OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion. This product was developed and released before Mac OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion became available.

While this earlier version may install and run on Mac OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, you may encounter installation and stability issues for which there is no resolution. We strongly recommend you use current FileMaker software.

With that said, I would also like to add that since you used a migration tool I would suggest removing and reinstalling the FileMaker 10 application.

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker 10.0v3 and Mountain Lion
            StevenBland

TSwildcat

so if I downloaded v10 as a paid upgrade, can I get a v10 recovery installer from somewhere at FileMaker?

Moving to a later version would cause other porblems. As I understand it if I edit a v10 database with v11 or later it is altered and I can no longer use that database with v10 clients, correct?

________Shipping Details________

Order fulfilled by Electronic Download

________Order Details________

Item / Description: TT092LL/A FM PRO 10 ADV UPG ESD 
            Quantity: 1 @ $299 

Sub Total: $299.00
            Shipping Charge: $0.00
            Tax: $0.00
            Order Total: $299.00

• 3. Re: FileMaker 10.0v3 and Mountain Lion
              philmodjunk

V10 and v11 use the same file format. The file format from v7 to v11 did not change. As long as you do not incorporate any features new to FileMaker 11, your v10 clients should not experience any issues with your file due to the change in versions on your part. If you accidentally incorporate a new feature, your v10 clients can still open and use the database, but the new feature will not function on their machines.

• 4. Re: FileMaker 10.0v3 and Mountain Lion
                StevenBland

and what about 12, which is what filemaker wants me to upgrade to to fix the issue?

• 5. Re: FileMaker 10.0v3 and Mountain Lion
                  philmodjunk

v12 uses a new file format. It must convert the files from .fp7 to .fmp12 format these cannot be converted back to .fp7 format.