AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker 11 crashes on Mac Pro

Question asked by johnwall on Mar 10, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2010 by ericwlacroix_1

Summary

FileMaker 11 crashes on Mac Pro

Description of the issue

I am trying to run FM11 but it keeps crashing on my Mac Pro when switching between layout mode and browse mode. FileMaker Product(s) involved11.0v1Operating System(s) involved10.6.2 (newly reinstalled today)Detailed description of the issueWhether the database is hosted on my FMServer Advanced server or copied to my local drive, FileMaker crashes, mostly when moving in and out of layout mode.Exact steps to reproduce the issueI am trying to troubleshoot a chart oddity. So several times I have gone into layout mode to edit the chart. Sometimes when I go back into layout mode, and sometimes when I switch to browse mode, it crashes. Expected ResultSwitch to browse modeActual ResultConsole reports: 3/10/10 3:28:05 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[252] ([0x0-0xda0da].com.filemaker.client.pro[17740]) Job appears to have crashed: Bus errorExact text of any error message(s) that appearedI get the Report to Apple window and I hit Relaunch.Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issueIt first started when the document  was on the server. But I copied it locally and told FMP11 to check its consistency. It reports all is well. I reinstalled Snow Leopard (and ran updates).I created a new user but it happened with that user as well. Any workarounds that you have foundNone yet. I will check to see if this shows up on my home computer later.

Outcomes