1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 19, 2010 11:14 AM by TSGal

FileMaker 11 Script on Status Toolbar Menu Item

GrahamSprague

Summary

FileMaker 11 Script on Status Toolbar Menu Item

Description of the issue

Mac OS X 10.5.8 (PPC)FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 Description: When the Status Toolbar menu item is overridden with a script; Clicking the button on windows that are not active causes the active window to hi-jack the event and perform it's Status Toolbar script action. Steps to re-create: 1. File A: Create a custom menu set and change the action View->Status Toolbar menu item to use a script. Make the custom menu set active. 2. Open another file (File B). 3. Make File A the front most window. 4. Click the Status Tool bar button (upper right corner of window on Mac OS X) in File B 5. The script applied to the action for Status Toolbar in File A will fire.

• 1. Re: FileMaker 11 Script on Status Toolbar Menu Item
          TSGal

Graham Sprague:

Thank you for your post.

I was able to replicate the problem using Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) and Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard).  The Status Toolbar icon in the upper right corner of a Mac window does not exist on Windows, so this is a Mac Only issue.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When more information becomes available for you, I will let you know.  In the mean time, just be aware of this issue.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.