Filemaker 11 won't populate email for Lotus Notes

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.3 Advance

Operating system version

XP

Description of the issue

I support hundred of Filemaker clients and I currently have one that can no longer have Filemaker populate her email client with the fields as selected in the "Send: Email" dialog box.  The client is using Lotus Notes and previously was able to use the File Menu to Select Send: Email.  They could then select the fields and create an email body.  It would then create a new email in Lotus Notes.  Currently only the software, Lotus Notes is selected but no email is create.  This person was also having problems with Office 2010 not "sending email" but that was corrected via the registry.  Is there a setting for Filemaker in the Registry to change the "Send: Email"? or is this a legitimate problem???

Steps to reproduce the problem

I have uninstall Filemaker Advance and reinstalled it along with all the updates.  Other machines do no have this problem.  It is machine related because anyone using this machine can't send email

Expected result

It should create a new email with the fields that were selected from the database.

Actual result

Only the email client becomes the focus but no new email is created.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

NO error is generated

• 1. Re: Filemaker 11 won't populate email for Lotus Notes
          user15307

hray35,

Thank you for posting.

Since this was working previously, and there have been other issues on this machine sending mail, it is likely a computer configuration change is affecting FileMaker.

If Lotus Notes is no longer set up as the default mail program, FileMaker Pro's Send Mail won't work. Try using SMTP to send a test message:  In the File/Send >Mail.. panel, use the drop down for "send via" and select SMTP Server instead of e-mail client. Specify the SMTP server settings in the same way you would when configuring a mail client.  If you are able to mail in this manner, you can focus on fixing the e-mail client installation/configuration to resolve the failure of FileMaker to send mail via that client.

If you encounter any messages while testing, they may help to narrow-down the cause of the problem as well.  Let me know if you discover any additional information.

TSTuatara,

FileMaker, Inc.