FileMaker 13 Advanced Crashes when changing theme element

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0.v3

Operating system version

Windows 7 Professional

Description of the issue

When trying to save changes to a custom theme element, or trying to create a new element for this theme, FileMaker crashes

Steps to reproduce the problem

I tried uninstalling FM13A and reinstalling and it still crashes. The Files are being hosted with server.

I also tried these steps to save or create a new element on different hosted files, so it is not a file issue. I also made sure that only one file was open on on trial to reproduce.

Expected result

Not to crash

Actual result

FileMaker locks to white-screen of death

Configuration information

HP Pro Windows 7 Professional

Workaround

None

• 1. Re: FileMaker 13 Advanced Crashes when changing theme element
          TSGal

Scott Zeigen MD:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue under Windows 7 and FileMaker Pro Advanced 13.0v3.  This is what I have done:

1. I created a new file, File.fmp12, with the default theme Enlightened, and added several fields.

2. I changed the formatting on several fields, each time saving a different style to the field, and then creating a new theme "Test".

3. I then uploaded the file to FileMaker Server 13.0v4 and accessed the file as a guest.  I made more style changes and updated the Test Theme.

What Theme did you start with?  What changes did you try to make to the style and the theme?  Does it crash if the files are local?

Let me know what I'm doing differently than you so I can replicate the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: FileMaker 13 Advanced Crashes when changing theme element
            szeigen

Hi TSGal!

I have not answered back to this original post because I switched to a different W7Pro machine to get my work done. However, FMP13A crashes on a new W7Pro x64 installation, with no plugins, trying to create a new style in a theme in the Assets.fmp12 file. I ran a windows crash dump with the following results.

In FileMaker Pro Advanced__PID__1244__Date__08_04_2015__Time_05_01_34PM__691__Second_Chance_Exception_C0000374.dmp the assembly instruction at ntdll!RtlReportCriticalFailure+57 in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll from Microsoft Corporation has caused an unknown exception (0xc0000374) on thread 21

What is interesting is a copied the ntdll.dll from another W7Pro PC that does NOT crash, yet FMP13A (freshly installed) still crashes. Hopefully the attached PDF of the crash dump will be helpful

• 3. Re: FileMaker 13 Advanced Crashes when changing theme element
              TSGal

Scott Zeigen MD:

Thank you for the information.

Feel free to send in the PDF file.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

In the mean time, create a new user account, login to the new user account, launch FileMaker Pro Advanced 13.0v9, and try again.  If it doesn't crash, then I can focus on the user account.  If it does crash, then I can focus on the application.

If you have not updated to 13.0v9, do so through Knowledge Base Article #14568 at:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14568

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: FileMaker 13 Advanced Crashes when changing theme element
                szeigen

Hi All!

I updated to FMPA 13.09 (from 13.03) as suggested and created a new account. I logged into that account and tried to Add a New Style to the Assets.fmp12 starter solution. After thinking for about 15-20 seconds, FileMaker just crashed. Because I have the Windows Crash Dump, there is not message that comes up (I think)

I would love to upload the PDF of the crash dump but I do not see anywhere to do this.

Scott Z

• 5. Re: FileMaker 13 Advanced Crashes when changing theme element
                  TSGal

Scott Zeigen MD:

To send the crash dump, follow the instructions in the private message sent to you yesterday.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: FileMaker 13 Advanced Crashes when changing theme element
                    szeigen

Hi TSGAl!

Sorry to say I have nothing in my inbox to respond to. It is empty.

Any other method to get you these debug reports?

Doc Z

• 7. Re: FileMaker 13 Advanced Crashes when changing theme element
                      TSGal

Scott Zeigen MD:

I've sent another private message to you.  Check your Inbox now.  If you still don't receive it, send a private message to me with your contact information.

TSGal
                      FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: FileMaker 13 Advanced Crashes when changing theme element
                        TSGal

Scott Zeigen MD:

Your crash report has been forwarded to me.  Thank you.

I have sent the crash report to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal
                        FileMaker, Inc.