Filemaker 6 and filemaker 11

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Filemaker Pro 11

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.6.4

Description of the issue

I have a database for an antique collection, with possibilities for 6 pictures, Lists of reference books, Age of the items, Condition of the items, Dimensions. When,where and for how much I bought it. Valuations. Remarks. All this data are almost perfect in Filemaker pro 6.

Can I create a database in Filemaker 11 with the same characteristics?

• 1. Re: Filemaker 6 and filemaker 11
          philmodjunk

This is a post that would have been better served had you posted it in the FileMaker Pro section rather than Report an Issue. Not only can you create a database in FileMaker 11 with the same characteristics, you can use FileMaker 11 to open and convert your FileMaker 6 file to FileMaker 11 format. There will likely be  few issues that need to be fixed after the conversion, but often this is easier than starting over from scratch.

For more on the subject, search the Knowledge base (Pull down the Support menu at the top of your screen), using the key word "migration" and specify FileMaker 11 as the application.

• 2. Re: Filemaker 6 and filemaker 11
            AndréHenkemans

Dear Phil.

Following your advice, I had no more problems with converting my art archive from 6 to 11!

I would expressly thank you, because your help was better than I found in the "Missing Manual"

Have a nice weekend.

Kind regards. André Henkemans